Sunday, July 18, 2010

Love without expectation





It was on his 5th Birthday that ; his dad bought him a cute li’l puppy as his birthday gift. The puppy was so cute and lovable. Within few days the puppy and him became very good friends. They played all day and slept on the same bed. But one fine day the puppy fell sick and died within in a few days. Very Sad isn't it? Unfortunately within few days he also fell ill. His Mom and Dad took him to the hospital nearby. And the sickness was diagnosed to be Rabies. The puppy had scratched him while playing and then they came to know the reason for the puppy’s death. The doctor informed the parents that the kid won’t live beyond 72 hours. His Mom and Dad were so depressed on hearing that bad news. The doctor advised them to keep the kid in the Intensive care unit as there were chances that for the boy could react to the infection, which will spread the infection to the bystanders. But the loving parents wanted him to leave them with full of happiness. They took him to a five star hotel. And the kid passed away in the hotel in his Mom’s lap, within the time informed by the doctor.






I went to his house on the second day after his funeral. I saw the Uncle and Aunt,  both were looking very tired. Uncle was sitting on a chair in the visitor’s room and Aunt was sleeping unconscious in the bedroom. Very few lights were turned on in the house. We can make out from their faces that they didn't have anything since the last 2 days. I could see a plate of dried rice which was kept on the floor just below the dining chair, which I suppose was the last lunch from home which the kid‘d had. Uncle looked very nervous; he was biting his teeth and moving his fingers continuously as if he was thinking deeply. What all must have gone through his mind. "Why did I gift him that puppy? Why is God so harsh with me?  Who will be there for me in my old days? I wanted him to be a Doctor but now what will I do? He was so kind to all beings but why was God not kind to him? I wish I got him back, so for that I am ready to sacrifice everything. Can You God? I want him back! Can you give him back to me God?” I could hear the loud voice from his inner mind as a complaint or may be a request to get back his son; He was a bit angry to God for his fate. But he was deeply thinking staring at a point.




Talking about aunty. I am pretty sure; Half of her life must have gone along with that boy. She had all the memories of the kid from the day he was in her womb. In fact she was living with him. He liked his Mom telling stories at night, before sleep. She must have been crying loud inside, even though she was asleep. She must have been thinking “My dear son is alone travelling , into the hands of almighty. He needs me beside him for him to sleep. Who will be there to wake him up in the morning? Who will feed him better than how I fed him? He will cry if he don't see me around. I wish I could also join him in his journey. I don’t want to send him alone. He is my sweet heart. God please send your best angels with him….”






Dad was trying to bring his son back to life, which he knew was impossible. He couldn’t just accept the fact that his son was no more. But Mom believed he is going to God, she believes that he is still alive in a far away world. Dad had more dreams and expectations about his son from the day he is born. But Mom wanted him to grow the way he wanted and supported him in all his wishes. Dad loved him more than his life, but Mom couldn't live without him. It’s easy to say “Love without expectation” but practically it is impossible for a normal human being.



6 comments:

  1. man it was gud ...............but it seems story is incomplete........I could nt conclude.......:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. even if we say to love without expectation, but if it is true love, in our deep inner heart we expects that love back. That's what the reality is.
    Nice post

    ReplyDelete